The current members of our Audit Committee are Mr. Berg, Mr. Davidson, and Mr. Valine, with Mr. Davidson serving as the Chair. Our Board has determined that each of the members of the Audit Committee qualifies as an “audit committee financial expert” within the meaning of the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission and that each is "independent" and "financially literate" under the listing standards of the New York Stock Exchange and the Company's independence standards.
The Audit Committee's primary responsibilities are:
- Assists the Board with oversight of the integrity of our financial statements including the financial reporting and disclosure processes and the integrity and effectiveness of our system of internal control over financial reporting.
- Assists the Board with oversight of the independence, qualifications and performance of our independent registered public accounting firm, including a review of the scope and results of their audit, as well as our internal audit function.
- Together with the Compliance Committee, assists the Board with oversight of compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including those that may have a material impact on the Company’s financial statements.
- Appoints and engages our independent registered public accounting firm, and pre-approves the firm’s annual audit services (including related fees), audit-related services, and all other services in accordance with our pre-approval policy.
- Monitors our disclosure controls and procedures and compliance with ethical standards.
Download a Cookbook
Get a free recipe collection from the DaVita® kitchen.
Get the Cookbooks
122,881 Downloads So Far!
Meet Your Local Kidney Expert
Register for a no-cost, 90-minute training session taught by a certified instructor in your neighborhood.
Find a Class Near Me
Find a Dialysis Center
Call 1-800-424-6589 now to talk to one of our placement specialists.
New to Dialysis?
Learn which DaVita service may best fit your lifestyle.