- CKD non-dialysis
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place chicken wings in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add all ingredients and shake to mix and coat.Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place wing drummettes in a baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot on low setting until ready to serve.
- Regular soy sauce and teriyaki sauce are extremely high in sodium. Reduced-sodium soy sauce and teriyaki sauce contain less sodium, but are still considered high in sodium content. Be cautious to use only the amount required in the recipe.
- Buy fresh wing drummettes at the grocery. A 1-1/4 pound package contains 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 11 g
Carbohydrates 5 g
Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 224 mg
Potassium 99 mg
Phosphorus 68 mg
Calcium 9 mg
Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe submitted DaVita dietitian Kathy, MS, RD, LDN, CSR, from Pennsylvania.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register