2-1/4 ounces, cooked
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 3 tablespoons rice milk
- 7 salt-free soda crackers
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- Combine milk and crushed crackers in a bowl and let stand until crackers are soft.
- Stir in beaten egg and herb seasoning blend; mix well, breaking up crackers if necessary. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Pat into 6 equal-size patties.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked to desired doneness.
- Always cook ground beef to an internal temperature of at least 160º F.
- Serve with vegetables and starch of choice or serve on a bun with lettuce and onion.
This lower protein version of Brewery Burger has a smaller portion compared to the original recipe on DaVita.com. The nutrients have been adjusted to reflect this change.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 15 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 77 mg
Sodium 66 mg
Potassium 233 mg
Phosphorus 128 mg
Calcium 23 mg
Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Helen from Colorado and created by her cousin, Mike G.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register