- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 6 cups strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup stevia in the raw or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of cinnamon for dusting
- Brew coffee and transfer to a large pitcher.
- Combine coconut milk, vanilla and stevia into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a soft boil while stirring with a whisk for about 5 minutes
- Combine milk mixture with brewed coffee.
- Pour 8 ounces into 7 mugs. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
- Serve as a cold coffee drink by chilling the brewed coffee and milk mixture for one hour prior to serving.
- Substitute sugar or desired sweetener for stevia.
- Some milk alternatives are high in calcium. Elyse uses So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut milk which has only 130 mg calcium, 40 mg potassium and 46 mg phosphorus per cup.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 3 g
Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4 mg
Potassium 111 mg
Phosphorus 13 mg
Calcium 24 mg
Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Elyse from Virginia
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register