1 slice, 3/4" thick
- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- Heart Healthy
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil in a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened, and then fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased 9" x 5" loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove pans from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on a wire rack before slicing each loaf into 10 slices.
- Make extra bread and freeze the loaves. Thaw a few hours before serving.
- If cranberries are unavailable, omit from recipe or substitute blueberries instead.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 2 g
Carbohydrates 31 g
Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 45 mg
Potassium 69 mg
Phosphorus 75 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Arlene from California.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register