1 chicken breast (3 ounces)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- In measuring cup, whisk balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Chop green onion and add to herbs and seasonings. Whisk to combine.
- Cut chicken into 2 pieces. Pour marinade over chicken in leak-proof bowl or plastic storage bag. Refrigerate and marinate from 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Pan fry in medium-hot, non-stick or greased skillet for several minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked. (Using a thermometer, the internal temperature of the chicken breast should be 170º F).
- For a lower protein diet adjust portion of chicken to meet your meal plan.
- Marinate and cook extra chicken to add to a salad or for a sandwich the next day.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 27 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Fat 16 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Potassium 280 mg
Phosphorus 205 mg
Calcium 26 mg
Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Yvette from Texas.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register