1/10 of 9" round pan
- CKD non-dialysis
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Set cream cheese out to soften and melt margarine.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and melted margarine. Press into bottom or a 9" spring form pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, Splenda, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Set aside one cup of the cream cheese mixture and pour remaining mixture over pie crust in spring form pan.
- Combine the cup of cream cheese mixture with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Pour over top of the cream cheese filling in the spring form pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until center of pie is almost set.
- Cool pie to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Substitute one 9" prepared graham cracker pie crust instead of the spring form pan and homemade graham cracker crust.
- To reduce fat and cholesterol content substitute 1/2 cup low cholesterol egg product for 2 whole eggs.
- Be sure to use canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix.
- Portions are small due to calorie, fat and sodium content.
- Top each piece of pie with whipped topping before serving if desired.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 5 g
Carbohydrates 18 g
Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 244 mg
Potassium 130 mg
Phosphorus 80 mg
Calcium 57 mg
Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 starch
- 3 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
Submitted by: Recipe is originally from www.allrecipes.com, and was modified for the kidney diet and submitted by DaVita dietitian Carey from North Carolina.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register