- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 2 medium fresh pears
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut pears in half and scoop out the core.
- Place pears on baking sheet, then drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
- Use 100% pure maple syrup for best flavor. Honey or non-nutritive sweetener such as stevia, sweet leaf sweet drops or Splenda may be used instead of maple syrup or omit sweetener. Roasting brings out the natural sweetness and the cinnamon adds extra flavor.
- Experiment with additional spices such as nutmeg, clove or cardamom.
- Serve as a breakfast dish with 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup Apple Cinnamon Maple Granola, another recipe from Brittany.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 0 g
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1 mg
Potassium 110 mg
Phosphorus 11 mg
Calcium 14 mg
Fiber 2.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 fruit, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita renal dietitian Brittany from Virginia.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register