- CKD non-dialysis
- Lower Protein
- 12 ounces fettuccini, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half creamer
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Mince garlic and slice red bell pepper.
- Cook fettuccini according to package directions, omitting the salt. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and combine with the olive oil. Add garlic and red bell pepper. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Slowly stir flour into the pan. Cook 1 minute until smooth.
- Add wine gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Add broth, creamer, parsley and black pepper. Stir to blend.
- Gradually add Parmesan cheese. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture starts to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Toss the sauce with the drained fettuccini.
- Increase garlic if you are a garlic lover.
- Half and half creamer can be replaced by phosphate-free milk substitutes.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 13 g
Carbohydrates 49 g
Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 205 mg
Potassium 202 mg
Phosphorus 188 mg
Calcium 126 mg
Fiber 3.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 3 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
Submitted by: Recipe created by DaVita patient, Norm, submitted by DaVita dietitian Cheryl from Illinois.
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register