1 cod fillet, 3 tablespoons cucumber sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/4 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces cod (2 fillets)
- Preheat the broiler and broiler pan. Rinse and dry fish fillets. Melt the butter. Cut lemon in half and then cut one half into slices. Juice the remaining half. Peel and finely mince the cucumber.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, chopped dill, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and cucumber. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the broiler pan from oven and spray with cooking spray. Brush fillets with melted butter and sprinkle with lemon juice. Broil for 5 minutes. Baste with remaining butter and lemon juice and continue to broil until done. To check for doneness insert and twist a fork into the thickest part of the fillet. The flesh will easily separate when cooked through.
- Place each fillet on a plate and add 3 tablespoons cucumber sauce and garnish with a lemon slice and dill sprig.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon dried dill if fresh is unavailable.
- Try this recipe with catfish, flounder, salmon, snapper, swordfish, tilapia, trout, tuna or any other fish you like. Thicker fillets can be turned halfway through the cooking.
Nutrients per serving
Protein 22 g
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 288 mg
Potassium 344 mg
Phosphorus 157 mg
Calcium 46 mg
Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
Submitted by: DaVita dietitian Sara from California
Save a Recipe
Access free kidney-friendly cookbooks from DaVita dietitians.
851,000+ Enjoyed So Far!
See kidney-friendly food and drink choices to consider when eating out at your favorite restaurants. Choose from 12 cuisine types.
Save a Recipe
Review a Recipe
Write a Comment
Already have a myDaVita account? Sign in or register