Artichoke Relish on Toasted Pita
- CKD non-dialysis
2 tablespoons of relish on 2 pita wedges
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- 2 ounces canned diced pimento
- 2 green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pita bread rounds, 7” size
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts and pimento. Thinly slice green onions and mince garlic clove.
- Combine artichokes, pimentos, green onions, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Split pita rounds open. Cut each half into quarters, making 8 wedges.
- Place pita wedges on a baking sheet, smooth side down and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool pita wedges and set aside in airtight container until ready to serve.
- Top each pita wedge with 1 tablespoon of Artichoke Relish.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 82
- Protein 3
- Carbohydrates 13
- Fat 2
- Cholesterol 1
- Sodium 166
- Potassium 103
- Phosphorus 41
- Calcium 43
- Fiber 2.0
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- Bagel chips or pita chips work well too. Choose the lowest sodium chips.