- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- Add hot sauce and remove from heat.
- Place chicken wings in a baking dish.
- Pour sauce over wings and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot, until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 179
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 0 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 34 mg
- Sodium 72 mg
- Potassium 88 mg
- Phosphorus 68 mg
- Calcium 6 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Buy fresh wing drummettes at the grocery. A 1-1/4 pound package contains 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.
- Hot sauce brands vary greatly in sodium. Choose a brand with less than 140 mg sodium per teaspoon.