Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
3 nuggets, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
- 3 cups finely crushed low-sodium cornflakes
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast
- Stir mustard, mayonnaise, honey and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Chill sauce until nuggets are cooked, then serve as a dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Beat egg. Cut chicken breast into 35 bite-sized pieces.
- Combine egg and nondairy creamer in a small bowl. Crush cornflakes and pour crumbs into a large zip-lock bag.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture then shake in zip-lock bag to coat with cornflake crumbs.
- Bake nuggets on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray for 15 minutes or until done.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 175
- Protein 9 g
- Carbohydrates 13 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 48 mg
- Sodium 116 mg
- Potassium 92 mg
- Phosphorus 76 mg
- Calcium 7 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1 fat
- Serve nuggets on a tray with decorated toothpicks for a festive look.
- Try a variety of dipping sauces, such as: barbeque sauce, curry sauce, fruit spreads or low-sodium salad dressing.
- Three pieces is an appetizer portion. For a meal, increase portion to 6 to 9 nuggets.