Creamy Cucumber Spread
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Peel, seed and finely mince cucumber and set aside. Mince onion.
- Mix cream cheese, onion, salt, mayonnaise and green food coloring in a small bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fold cucumber into mixture until evenly blended.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 54
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 1 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Sodium 80 mg
- Potassium 48 mg
- Phosphorus 20 mg
- Calcium 17 mg
- Fiber 0.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
- Analysis includes regular cream cheese. 1/3 less fat or fat-free cream cheese works great, too.
- Creamy Cucumber Spread makes delightful finger sandwiches on white bread. Cut the crust off bread and cut sandwiches into triangles for fancy appetizers.
- This recipe is good on low-salt saltine crackers too.
- Recipe makes approximately 2 cups.