Garden Veggie Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
2 tablespoons dip with 2 pieces each vegetable
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- Finely chop radish, green onion, green pepper and 1/4 cup cucumber. Drain cucumber.
- Cut carrots and celery into sticks. Slice bell peppers and remaining 2 cucumbers into slices. Arrange vegetables on a serving tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, place cream cheese, sour cream, radish, green onion, 1/4-cup chopped cucumber, 1/4-cup chopped green pepper, sugar, salt and Mrs. Dash. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed for about 1 minute until well blended.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 82
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Sodium 88 mg
- Potassium 208 mg
- Phosphorus 42 mg
- Calcium 39 mg
- Fiber 1.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Serve dip with low-sodium crackers instead of vegetables if desired.
- Allow 2 pieces of each vegetable per serving.