Garlic Oyster Crackers
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup butter-flavored popcorn oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
7 cups oyster crackers
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Mix oil and garlic powder in a large bowl. Stir in crackers, coating evenly.
- Sprinkle in dill weed and toss to mix.
- Spread crackers on a cookie sheet and bake 45 minutes. Gently mix every 15 minutes.
- Spread crackers on paper towels to cool. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 118
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 12 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 166 mg
- Potassium 21 mg
- Phosphorus 15 mg
- Calcium 4 mg
- Fiber .3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- One 12 ounce bag oyster crackers contains 7 cups.
- Serve snack-size portions in small paper cups.
- Add your favorite low sodium herb seasoning or chili powder for a spicier mix.