High Protein Gelatin Cups
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 small box gelatin, any flavor, regular or sugar free
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 3/4 cup cold water
- Dissolve gelatin in the boiling water.
- Dissolve protein powder in the cold water.
- After protein powder is completely dissolved, combine the gelatin mixture with the protein powder mixture.
- Pour into 2-ounce soufflé cups and refrigerate until jelled.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 58
- Protein 6 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 33 mg
- Potassium 34 mg
- Phosphorus 34 mg
- Calcium 38 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 1/2 high calorie (only if made with regular gelatin)
1/2 (0 if sugar-free gelatin used)
- Congealed cubes can be frozen.
- Make a variety of flavors.