High Protein Gelatin Power Cubes
6 gelatin cubes
- 2 cups water
- 3 small boxes strawberry gelatin, sugar-free
- 2-1/4 cup cold water
- 1 box Knox® original unflavored gelatin (4 envelopes)
- 1-2/3 cups whey protein, strawberry flavor
- In a Pyrex measuring container, microwave 2 cups tap water until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from microwave and slowly add sugar-free gelatin to the boiling water, while stirring continuously. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Pour into a bowl.
- In a shaker cup add the 2-1/4 cups cold water, whey protein and unflavored gelatin powder. Shake well until there are no lumps or particles.
- Slowly add shaker contents to the strawberry gelatin mixture. Stir while adding.
- Pour into a 9” x 13” pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into 48 cubes and divide into 8 equal servings
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 80
- Protein 17 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 74 mg
- Potassium 80 mg
- Phosphorus 92 mg
- Calcium 70 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Makes great finger food!
- Check the ingredients on whey protein and look for brands that do not contain phosphate additives. Protein content will vary between brands.
- For more calories substitute regular instead of sugar-free gelatin.