- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup onion
- 3 large eggs
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce from DaVita.com recipe. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Chop onion.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, then add all ingredients and mix together.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- To serve, place meatballs in a warming dish or slow cooker on low heat setting. Serve with 2 teaspoons sauce on the side or add sauce to the meatballs.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 160
- Protein 12 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Sodium 54 mg
- Potassium 133 mg
- Phosphorus 99 mg
- Calcium 27 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Find the recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce on DaVita.com. It adds 37 mg potassium and 21 mg sodium for one tablespoon. This lower-potassium, low-sodium sauce can be used as a substitute for tomato sauce in a variety of dishes.
- Make meatballs ahead and refrigerate. When ready to serve, heat ingredients together and transfer to a warming dish.