- CKD non-dialysis
1/4 cup dip with 3 crackers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces frozen, cooked shrimp (any size)
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup Hunt’s® no salt added ketchup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco® hot sauce
- 30 low-sodium crackers
- Remove cream cheese from the refrigerator to soften. Do not soften in the microwave.
- Thaw shrimp per package directions. Remove the shells and any visible veins on the shrimp and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the imitation crabmeat into small pieces.
- Stir the shrimp and crabmeat together and place in the refrigerator.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce to make a low-sodium cocktail sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir the softened cream cheese until it becomes creamy.
- Slowly add cocktail sauce to the cream cheese. Stir thoroughly.
- Add a small amount of Tabasco® sauce to the cream cheese. Stir thoroughly. Sample the cream cheese mix. Add more Tabasco® sauce as needed.
- Add shrimp and crabmeat to the cream cheese. Stir thoroughly. Sample the cream cheese mix. Add more Tabasco® sauce as needed.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with low-sodium crackers.