Spicy Crunch and Munch Snack Mix
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 cups Ralston Purina® Rice Chex® cereal
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® Crispex® cereal
- 3 cups bite-sized oyster crackers
- 1 cup unsalted pretzel twists
- 5 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Melt margarine in a 10” x 15” pan. Stir in spices, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Add cereals, crackers and pretzels. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes; gently mix every 15 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 92
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 127 mg
- Potassium 37 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Calcium 3 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Compare brands—cereals, crackers and pretzels vary greatly in sodium content. Always get the brand with the least amount of sodium.