Sweet Popcorn Balls
- CKD non-dialysis
1 popcorn ball
- 16 cups popped popcorn, unsalted
- 2 cups Karo® dark corn syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons whipped butter
- Pop popcorn and put in a large bowl. Set aside for use later.
- Mix syrup, brown sugar, water and vinegar in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring almost constantly about 15-20 minutes on medium heat. Cook to hard ball stage (until a small amount of mixture forms a hard ball when tested in very cold water.)
- Remove from heat, quickly add butter, and stir.
- Slowly pour mixture over popped popcorn in a large bowl, while mixing well. Form into balls, using as little pressure as possible.
- Wrap each popcorn ball in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.