- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons carrots
- 2 tablespoons green pepper
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- 2/3 cup unsalted, cooked chicken
- 2 flour tortillas, 6" size
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup broccoli slaw mix
- Grate carrots. Chop green pepper and cucumber. Shred chicken.
- Mix garlic and onion powder into cream cheese.
- Spread half of the mixture over each tortilla.
- Add vegetables and meat.
- Roll up wrap and refrigerate or serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 252
- Protein 16 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 58 mg
- Sodium 227 mg
- Potassium 274 mg
- Phosphorus 139 mg
- Calcium 32 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 starch
- Make ahead and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Works with any flatbread wrap.
- Looks delicious cut in half and arranged on a plate with fresh blueberries and strawberries. Add a cold glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade.
- Coleslaw mix can be substituted for broccoli slaw and grated carrots, or try other low potassium vegetable as substitutes.
- For variety try turkey or roast beef instead of chicken.