Vanilla Wafers with Sweet Cream Cheese Protein Spread
4 cookies + 4 teaspoons spread
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 72 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 cup blueberries
- Using a handheld mixer, mix the cream cheese with the protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture on each of 4 vanilla wafers.
- Top each cookie with 1 berry.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 130
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Sodium 94 mg
- Potassium 38 mg
- Phosphorus 22 mg
- Calcium 17 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Substitute blackberries or raspberries for blueberries if desired.
- Lemon, almond or other extract can be used in place of the vanilla extract, if desired.
- One box of vanilla wafer cookies contains 70-80 cookies.
- Compare whey protein brands and look for a brand without added phosphate additives. Ask your dietitian for recommendations on the lower phosphorus brands.