Wonton Quiche Minis
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 ounce lean cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons sweet red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose white flour
- 24 wonton wrappers (3-1/4” x 3”)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely chop ham. Chop green onions and red pepper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, ham, onions, pepper and flour until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly coat 24 miniature muffin cups with cooking spray. Line cups by gently pressing the center of 1 wonton wrapper into each cup, allowing ends to extend above edges of cup.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the wonton-lined cups, dividing evenly among all 24 cups.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 70
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 91 mg
- Sodium 95 mg
- Potassium 47 mg
- Phosphorus 55 mg
- Calcium 16 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Mini muffin cup size is 1-3/4” x 3/4”.
- Substitute 1-1/4 cups low-cholesterol egg product for the eggs to reduce cholesterol.