All American Meatloaf
- CKD non-dialysis
1/6 slice of loaf
20 squares saltine-type crackers, unsalted tops
2 tablespoons onion
1 pound lean ground beef (10% fat)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons liquid nondairy creamer
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup catsup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely crush crackers; finely chop onion.
- Coat a loaf pan lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, crushed crackers, onion, nondairy creamer and black pepper. Mix well.
- Form into a loaf and place in loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- To make topping sauce, mix catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and milk in a small bowl.
- Remove cooked meatloaf from oven and cover with sauce.
- Return pan to oven and bake for 10 additional minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Slice into 6 portions before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 205
- Protein 17 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 84 mg
- Sodium 299 mg
- Potassium 255 mg
- Phosphorus 147 mg
- Calcium 27 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- To finely crush crackers, place them in large zip-lock type plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Use leftover meatloaf to make sandwiches.