Baked Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop with 1 peach half
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 6 center cut pork chops, 3-1/2 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 peach halves, canned in juice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine flour in a flat shallow pan or plate.
- Beat egg and water mixture together in a shallow bowl. Place cornflake crumbs on a shallow plate.
- Dredge pork chops in flour to coat. Dip each chop in egg mixture then dredge in cornflake crumbs.
- Place chops on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Drizzle with melted margarine.
- Dust chops with paprika and salt; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bake pork chops for 40 minutes or until done.
- Grill drained peach halves on a grill pan and top each pork chop with a peach half before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 282
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sodium 263 mg
- Potassium 394 mg
- Phosphorus 203 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 1.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- Mix paprika and salt together before sprinkling on pork chops.
- Cook pork chops to 145º F internal temperature and rest for 3 minutes before serving.