Balsamic Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chop with 1/4th of sautéed vegetables
- 4 ounces Crimini mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 pound (4) center-cut boneless pork chops, about 1” thick
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Clean and slice mushrooms; slice onion.
- Trim excess fat from chops. Coat with balsamic vinegar and spices (rosemary, thyme, pepper and garlic powder) and allow to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, add chops. Cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, turn the chops and reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes more. Remove chops to a separate plate and reserve pan with juices.
- Add butter to pan juices and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion to the pan and sauté until onions are soft and transparent and mushrooms are slightly browned and soft.
- Serve pork chop topped with sautéed onion and mushroom mix.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 285
- Protein 28 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 81 mg
- Sodium 79 mg
- Potassium 560 mg
- Phosphorus 274 mg
- Calcium 40 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- This dish is great accompanied by herbed rice and a salad.
- Use fresh or dried herbs.