Beef Burgundy Crepes
- CKD non-dialysis
1 crepe, 1/2 cup beef mixture, 2 tablespoons sauce
- 1 pound stewing beef
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 Basic Crepes
- Cut beef into small cubes. Slice mushrooms. Chop onion, parsley and garlic.
- Saute garlic in oil in a skillet fitted with a lid.
- Add beef cubes and brown on all sides.
- Pour 1 cup of water over beef cubes, add bay leaf and cover skillet with lid. Let simmer over low heat for 1 to 2 hours. Check every 20 minutes and add water if needed. Never let the water boil away.
- Place onion, mushrooms, pepper and onion powder into the pot and cook about 5 to 10 minutes until tender.
- Add wine and bring to a low boil for 1 minute.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water and add to simmering beef to thicken meat juices. (Stir until thickened to avoid lumps.)
- Remove pot from heat. Separate beef cubes from the thickened beef juices.
- Prepare Basic Crepe recipe on DaVita.com.
- Place crepe onto a plate, browned side down. Spoon 1/2 cup beef cube mixture onto crepe.
- Roll crepe and pour thickened beef sauce across the crepe. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.