- CKD non-dialysis
about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 medium tomato
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper
- 8 ounces lean stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice onion. Chop tomato and bell pepper. Cut beef into small cubes.
- Sauté onion and oil in a skillet until the onion is slightly brown. Add beef and tomatoes.
- When partially cooked, add bell pepper, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until meat is tender.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 305
- Protein 25 g
- Carbohydrates 6 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 69 mg
- Sodium 326 mg
- Potassium 503 mg
- Phosphorus 230 mg
- Calcium 19 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Tibbs is a common Ethiopian dish that can be served with pita bread, half of a piece of injera or 1-cup cooked rice.
- Variations of Beef Tibbs can be prepared by adding different ingredients of your choice.
- Add 1 jalapeño pepper if spicier taste is preferred..
- By using only a small portion of tomato, Beef Tibbs becomes an appropriate dish for dialysis patients.
- Adjust the portion for a lower protein CKD-non-dialysis diet.