Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
- CKD non-dialysis
1-1/2 cup stir-fry + 1/2 cup rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium Roma tomato
- 8 ounces lean sirloin beef, uncooked
- 14 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Chop the garlic cloves and Roma tomato. Cut beef into thin strips.
- Microwave frozen stir-fry vegetable blend on defrost setting for 3-4 minutes to thaw.
- In a fry pan or wok heat oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add vegetable blend stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add beef. Cook until beef is done to your likeness, about 7 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add cooked vegetables, sauce and tomato to the pan with the beef. Heat and stir until sauce is thick.
- Serve dish with 1/2 cup white rice.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 304
- Protein 21 g
- Carbohydrates 28 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 42 mg
- Sodium 355 mg
- Potassium 576 mg
- Phosphorus 240 mg
- Calcium 62 mg
- Fiber 3.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 vegetable. medium potassium
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1/2 fat
Broccoli stir-fry blends contain a blend of 4-6 vegetables. In addition to broccoli the blend may include bell peppers, onion, mushrooms and water chestnuts carrots, celery, sugar snap peas or baby corn.
- If desired, use fresh vegetables instead of frozen. Substitute with 3 cups fresh broccoli florets, 1/2 cup sliced onion, 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 cup mushrooms.
- Increase meat for a higher protein meal.
- You can substitute chicken, shrimp, pork for beef to make variations in this dish.