California Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop, 1/2 stuffed pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chives
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 pound 1” thick boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lime
- Chop cilantro and slice chives. Cut bell peppers in half crosswise and remove stems and seeds.
- Brush pork chops with lime juice, then sprinkle with cilantro.
- Arrange flat in a microwave-safe dish.
- Mix rice, chives, crumbled oregano, pepper, cumin and melted butter together.
- Fill each pepper half with rice mixture and place in the dish with pork chops.
- Cover dish with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes. Rotate the dish a quarter turn twice, until chops are slightly pink in center when tested with a sharp knife.
- Remove from microwave and let stand covered for 5 minutes, until pork is no longer pink. Garnish with lime wedges and serve right away.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 265
- Protein 34 g
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 86 mg
- Sodium 70 mg
- Potassium 564 mg
- Phosphorus 240 mg
- Calcium 22 mg
- Fiber 1.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Refrigerate or freeze extra servings for a quick meal later.
- For a lower protein diet change serving size to 1/2 pork chop or the amount recommended on your meal plan.