Cream Cheesy Burgers
- CKD non-dialysis
one hamburger with cream cheese mixture
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix eggs and ground beef together.
- Separate meat into eight 2-ounce patties.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese, basil, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Take about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture and place on top of a patty.
- Take another patty and place it on top, to sandwich the cream cheese between the two patties.
- Repeat this procedure with the remaining patties.
- Cook in a frying pan or on a grill to desired doneness.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 592
- Protein 30 g
- Carbohydrates 24 g
- Fat 42 g
- Cholesterol 324 mg
- Sodium 402 mg
- Potassium 410 mg
- Phosphorus 291 mg
- Calcium 119 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For a variation, combine all the ingredients together with cream cheese in the meat, make four 4-ounce patties and cook.
- Recipe may be varied by rolling cream cheese in bread crumbs or panko crumbs.
- Patties cook best in a frying pan, in their own juices.
- Many herbs and flavorings work well to add flavor without sodium — try using horseradish, oregano or Italian seasoning.
- Top burger with lettuce and onion on a bun or top with a small amount of ketchup or steak sauce without the bun.
- For a lower protein diet make 6 to 8 patties instead of 4 patties.