Creamy Crock-pot® Beef and Noodles
- CKD non-dialysis
3/4 cup beef with sauce, 1/2 cup noodles
- 1 cup onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 pound top round steak
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces packaged sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Cut steak into 1/4" thick slices. Place steak and next 7 ingredients in a 3 quart electric slow cooker. Stir well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup. Place flour in a small bowl, and gradually add broth, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add broth to slow cooker, and stir well.
- Cover with lid; cook on high setting for 1 hour. Reduce to low heat setting, and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until steak is tender.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package instructions, omitting salt.
- Turn slow cooker off, and remove lid. Let beef mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream. Serve beef sauce over noodles.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 338
- Protein 30 g
- Carbohydrates 30 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sodium 218 mg
- Potassium 452 mg
- Phosphorus 288 mg
- Calcium 56 mg
- Fiber 2.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- An 8-ounce package of egg noodles makes approximately 2-1/2 cups cooked.
- For a lower protein diet if you reduce beef and sauce portion to 1/2 cup over 1/2 cup noodles the protein is 20 grams per serving (2 meat choices).