Crock-Pot® BBQ Beef
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup meat with sauce
- 4 pound pot roast
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion
- Place roast in Crock-Pot®. Add 2 cups water and slow cook roast on low setting for approximately 10 hours until thoroughly cooked and easy to pull apart.
- Drain meat reserving 1-cup liquid.
- Place cooked meat in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine reserved liquid from meat, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and minced onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked meat and cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes, or until heated.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 303
- Protein 27 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 71 mg
- Sodium 207 mg
- Potassium 278 mg
- Phosphorus 174 mg
- Calcium 20 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Chuck, arm, or rump roast are great choices for this recipe.
- Serve on a bun as a sandwich, or over rice or pasta.
- Makes three 1-pound packets of BBQ beef—great to serve and then freeze the rest for 2 to 3 more meals.
- Makes five generous servings per pound of roast cooked.
- For the CKD non-dialysis diet, decrease portion to match your diet plan if you are on a lower-protein diet.