Easy BBQ Beef
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup beef + 1 bun
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 12 ounces beer
- 8 ounces no salt added ketchup
- 4 pounds chuck roast
- 14 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Mix brown sugar, beer and ketchup.
- Put roast in a 9” x 13” pan and pour sauce mixture over it to coat.
- Cover with foil and bake 4 to 5 hours or until meat falls apart.
- Cool; can refrigerate. Cut off fat and cut meat in small pieces.
- Reheat in sauce and serve on buns.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 450
- Protein 33 g
- Carbohydrates 32 g
- Fat 21 g
- Cholesterol 92 mg
- Sodium 261 mg
- Potassium 357 mg
- Phosphorus 207 mg
- Calcium 85 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For lower carbohydrate replace brown sugar with brown sugar substitute.
- You can also make this recipe in a crock pot.
- This is nice to fix a day ahead; when refrigerated, all the fat hardens and is easy to remove.
- Divide extra meat into individual servings and freeze for a quick meal later.
- For CKD non-dialysis adjust beef portion to match your meal plan if you are on a limited protein diet.