- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounce cooked patty
- 2 tablespoon onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup low-cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/2 cup nondairy creamer
- 10 low-sodium soda crackers
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Chop oniion and mince garlic clove. Crush crackers and measure 1/2 cup.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into 6 hamburger patties.
- Place patties in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 188
- Protein 15 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 49 mg
- Sodium 112 mg
- Potassium 231 mg
- Phosphorus 136 mg
- Calcium 25 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For a complete meal, add a small hamburger bun, a slice of onion, lettuce and 1 teaspoon of ketchup.
- This recipe can also be used to make meatloaf.
- For a high protein diet, make 4 patties to increase patty size to 3 ounces cooked.
- Instead of baking you can grill patties on the barbeque, turning once until thoroughly cooked.