Hawaiian-style Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 slices green bell pepper
- 2 boneless pork chops, 4 ounces each
- 4 canned pineapple slices
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat free margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Slice red onion and bell pepper into 1/4" thick slices.
- Trim fat from pork chops. Lay each pork chop on a separate square of aluminum foil.
- Top each pork chop with a slice of red onion, bell pepper and two pineapple slices.
- Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce.
- Divide margarine and place half on each pork chop.
- Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
- Wrap foil tightly around each chop, rolling ends to seal.
- Cook on barbeque or in 350ºF oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 357
- Protein 24 g
- Carbohydrates 28 g
- Fat 17 g
- Cholesterol 69 mg
- Sodium 328 mg
- Potassium 486 mg
- Phosphorus 177 mg
- Calcium 21 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 vegetable, low potassium
- 1 fat
- Be sure to wrap foil tightly so juices don’t escape while cooking.
- If, after 15 or 20 minutes, the chops are not completely cooked, rewrap and cook longer.
- Be careful opening the foil after cooking—steam is very hot.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, buy smaller pork chops and weigh cooked meat to match your meal plan.