Kotlet (Meat & Potato patties)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup grated, potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey (7% fat or less)
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Original herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup or less vegetable oil for frying
- 5 pita breads, 6” size
- 3/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Soak grated potatoes in warm water for 2 hours to reduce potassium. Rinse, drain and squeeze excess water using a clean dishtowel.
- Mix ground beef, white onion, grated potato, egg, turmeric, garlic powder, pepper and Mrs. Dash seasoning until well mixed.
- Heat the oil in a medium size skillet.
- Make 5 patties (round or size of your palm) and fry over medium heat on both sides.
- Serve each patty on pita with lettuce, red onion and fresh basil.