Lemon Rosemary Pork
- CKD non-dialysis
one cutlet, approximately 3 ounces, 1/4 cup sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound pork cutlets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- rosemary twigs for garnish, lemon slices for garnish
- Mix flour and pepper in a zip-top bag.
- Coat pork in the mixture, shake off excess.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown and no longer pink in middle when tested with a sharp knife.
- Remove to serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth and rosemary to skillet. Stir and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Pour the sauce over pork and serve right away.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 228
- Protein 24 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 69 mg
- Sodium 51 mg
- Potassium 378 mg
- Phosphorus 160 mg
- Calcium 18 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- Pork cutlets are boneless, thin-sliced tender cuts of pork taken from the sirloin end of the loin. If unavailable, substitute boneless pork chops.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion to match your meal plan.