Lisa’s Awesome Burgers Lower Protein
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Mesquite Grilling Blend
- 6 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill according to manufacture’s direction.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, egg and Mrs. Dash® seasoning until all ingredients are mixed throughout.
- Divide ground beef mixture into 6 equal size patties.
- Grill to desired temperature and doneness.
- Place on hamburger buns.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 267
- Protein 19 g
- Carbohydrates 23 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 84 mg
- Sodium 264 mg
- Potassium 319 mg
- Phosphorus 182 mg
- Calcium 81 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- These burgers need no ketchup or mustard. They are full of flavor!
- One large onion yields 1 cup chopped.
- This lower protein version of Lisa's Awesome Burgers has a smaller burger portion compared to the original recipe on DaVita.com. The nutrients have been adjusted to reflect this change.