Meat and Rice Balls
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces or 6 meat balls
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup instant white rice
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 2-1/4 cups water
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg and rice.
- After thoroughly mixed, roll into 24 small balls.
- Brown balls in skillet on all sides.
- Mix the Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning with the water.
- Carefully pour the water and Mrs. Dash mixture in the skillet with the meatballs.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, rotating balls on all sides.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 348
- Protein 24 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 131 mg
- Sodium 95 mg
- Potassium 350 mg
- Phosphorus 197 mg
- Calcium 21 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For a lower fat dish, replace ground beef with ground turkey.
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust the portion to match your meal plan.