Mustard Seed Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
- CKD non-dialysis
1/4 tenderloin (about 3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon dark mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 14 ounces pork tenderloin, fat trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400º F or preheat BBQ grill.
- In a skillet heat mustard seed, fennel, coriander and peppercorn—just until mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Transfer to spice grinder and grind until blended. Add thyme, salt and dry mustard. Mix well.
- Spread spicy mustard over tenderloin to coat. Pat spice mixture over mustard coated pork and place on heat-proof dish sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Cook in oven (or on covered BBQ over indirect heat) for 20 to 30 minutes until meat thermometer tests 160 ° F (check temperature after 20 minutes).
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 159
- Protein 25 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 67 mg
- Sodium 263 mg
- Potassium 424 mg
- Phosphorus 251 mg
- Calcium 40 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Compare mustard and select the brand lowest in sodium.
- Portions size could be decreased for recipe use in a lower protein diet.