- 3 pounds thin beef steak, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 cups green bell peppers, chopped fine
- 1 cup carrots, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- In a large skillet brown meat in oil over medium high heat.
- Add all vegetables and 1/4 cup water. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add brown gravy mix and 1 cup water.
- Stir over medium heat until thick.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 340
- Protein 33 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 81 mg
- Sodium 285 mg
- Potassium 596 mg
- Phosphorus 338 mg
- Calcium 34 mg
- Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- Compare brands and buy the lowest sodium gravy mix.