Pork Chop Suey
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound boneless pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth,
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounce canned bean sprouts, drained
- Cut pork into 1-inch strips, 1/4-inch thick.
- Spray a large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray, and brown pork.
- Add the next five ingredients, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch, ginger, molasses, and water. Stir into hot mixture and cook until thickened.
- Add bean sprouts and heat thoroughly.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 190
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 64 mg
- Sodium 314 mg
- Potassium 518 mg
- Phosphorus 240 mg
- Calcium 44 mg
- Fiber 1.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1-1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- Serve over noodles or white rice.
- If available use 2 cups of fresh bean sprouts instead of canned bean sprouts.
- If you are on a lower protein diet decrease pork to match your meal plan.