Pork with Corn Dressing
- CKD non-dialysis
4 oz pork, 1/2 cup dressing and 3 tablespoons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 15 ounces canned no salt added whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water (divided use)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 butterfly boneless pork chops
- 1/2 can reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine egg, breadcrumbs, corn, 1/4 cup water, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce to make dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet and add oil.
- Brown pork chops/loin on both sides.
- Top with corn dressing mixture and add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake uncovered for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and arrange on serving platter.
- Add soup and 3/4 cup water to pan drippings, and cook until bubbly.
- Ladle soup mixture over chops.
- Serve and enjoy!