Pork with Corn Dressing
- CKD non-dialysis
4 oz pork, 1/2 cup dressing and 3 tablespoons
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 15 ounces canned no salt added whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup water (divided use)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 6 butterfly boneless pork chops
- 1/2 can reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine egg, breadcrumbs, corn, 1/4 cup water, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce to make dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat Dutch oven or ovenproof skillet and add oil.
- Brown pork chops/loin on both sides.
- Top with corn dressing mixture and add enough water to cover bottom of pan.
- Bake uncovered for an hour, or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork and arrange on serving platter.
- Add soup and 3/4 cup water to pan drippings, and cook until bubbly.
- Ladle soup mixture over chops.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 336
- Protein 28 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 16 g
- Cholesterol 110 mg
- Sodium 240 mg
- Potassium 545 mg
- Phosphorus 228 mg
- Calcium 67 mg
- Fiber 3.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3-1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Butterfly boneless pork chops are center loin chops that are split almost in half for stuffing; also known as loin-cut pork chops with pockets.
- You can use 1-1/2 pound pork loin sliced into six 4-ounce strips to replace individual pork chops.
- Substitute 1-1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn for canned corn if desired.
- If you are on a lower protein diet reduce the portion of pork to match your meal plan.