Slow Cooker Apple Pork Roast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into 8 wedges.
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (divided use)
- 3-pound pork roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt mixed with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Place chopped apples and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Rub pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on top of apples and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour applesauce over roast.
- Dust with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook on high heat setting for 4 hours.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 250
- Protein 32 g
- Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 90 mg
- Sodium 140 mg
- Potassium 486 mg
- Phosphorus 256 mg
- Calcium 37 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 4 meat
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- If you are on a lower protein diet, adjust portion size to match your meal plan.
- Follow food safety measures and avoid cross contamination.
- Pork is done when it reaches internal temperature of 160º F.
- Serve with rice and a salad or cooked vegetable.
- Leftovers are great piled onto a sandwich.
- This recipe was tested using Fuji apples and pork loin roast which are recommended but not mandatory.