Stuffed Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (divided use)
- 2 cups soft bread cubes
- 6 center loin pork chops, cut 1-1/2" thick with a pocket
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan. Add water, celery, onion, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Place bread cubes into a mixing bowl. Add margarine mixture and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Season pork chops with remaining black pepper. In a skillet, brown chops on each side.
- Divide bread mixture and stuff each chop. If necessary, use a skewer or toothpick to keep chops closed.
- Spray baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place chops in pan, cover, and bake for 1 hour.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 328
- Protein 30 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sodium 223 mg
- Potassium 451 mg
- Phosphorus 268 mg
- Calcium 50 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Thick pork chops provide a large amount of protein for those who need it.
- If you are on a low protein diet, consider dividing the cooked pork chop into 2 servings to help meet your protein goal.