- CKD non-dialysis
2-1/2 ounce burger, bun and toppings
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup fresh green chile, chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 5 hamburger buns
- 1-1/4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream
- 2-1/2 tablespoons bottled salsa, medium hot
- Place ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add ground red pepper, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, water, egg white, chopped green chile and onion. Mix well.
- Divide mixture into 5 portions and make into patties.
- Cook on stove top in frying pan over medium heat, turning patties only once.
- Place each patty on a hamburger bun and top with 1/4-cup shredded lettuce, 1/2-tablespoon salsa and 1/2-tablespoon sour cream.