Winter Holiday Cranberry-Glazed Pork Roast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 3 medium seedless navel oranges
- 16 ounces canned whole cranberry sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Roll and tie the pork loin roast.
- Zest one of the oranges and then juice all three oranges. Place juice and zest in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce, salt, pepper, cinnamon, allspice and vinegar. Stir in reduced orange juice mixture.
- Mix cornstarch and water and stir into cranberry mixture. Set aside.
- Place pork roast on roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, stir cranberry mixture and pour over roast. Continue roasting for an additional 40-60 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 150-155 degrees, basting roast occasionally with cranberry glaze.
- Allow cooked roast to rest for 10 minutes. Slice pork and serve with cranberry glaze.